Friday, July 13, 2007

Consumption for Non-Consumers

It was more than five years since I last stepped in a CD retailer. In times of Amazon, iPod and eMule, it seemed to me somehow boring to go to a "physical" CD store to buy music.

But my sister neede (don't ask) the latest release of the Hansom (again, don't ask). And there went her elder brother, with about thirty bucks, eager to find what had been changed since Broadband internet reached home.

It happened, though, that the CD I was looking for seems to be an actual hit. For there were no more available and a queu of about a week. On the other hand, I could not leave the store without stepping into the Classical Music room. A separate little room in the most hidden place of the store, protected against noise people sell today codenamed as Music.

On the other hand, it looks like there are not too many "real music" afficionados around. Contratry to the Hanson's queue, there were piles of Rachmaninof's concert for piano. You can choose your favourite conductor, orchestra and even the seal. All on sale!

To avoid pages describing my excstasy, in a nuttshell, I had thirty dollars, no pop-CD and a Chopin complete piano works for exactly the thirty in my pocket. I couldn't resist and left HMV even happier than I thought I could be with my little sister's "pseudo-music"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home